Wednesday 29 December 2010

Sweet Potato-Chickpea Coconut Curry

equal parts negligence and a busy work/school schedule. Both of my photographer roommates have been super busy lately, with one of them actually being out of the country, so unfortunately, the photo accompanying this recipe isn’t nearly as beautiful as some of my more recent past entries.

Admittedly, this Thai-inspired coconut curry is not very authentic. I would have liked to have busted out the lemongrass, galangal, kaffir lime leaves, and red chillis for this recipe, but I’m supremely broke right now and watching nearly every penny, so I tried to stick to things I already had in my pantry. Which really wasn’t such a bad idea, because it still turned out pretty delicious, using everyday ingredients that you don’t have to search very hard for.

Ingredients:
3 tablespoons canola oil
1 cup onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons ginger, finely grated or minced
2 carrots, peeled and sliced diagonally into coins


View the Original article

No comments:

Post a Comment