Wednesday 29 December 2010

Spicy Almond Noodles

These saucy noods come to you courtesy of my wonderful friend, Sarah Mac. Mac is a wicked chef and also happens to be the executive chef my work. She’s my boss lady. One night at work, she whipped up an udon noodle stir-fry with a delicious almond sauce for everybody to feast on. I told her that I had been watching her make it and that I was going to steal the recipe, write it out, put it on my blog, and pass it off as my own. I told her that there was nothing she could do about it. So here it is. And Mac, if you’re reading this: frig you, man!

I used regular ol’ durum spaghetti noodles for mine, because I had them on hand and they’re cheap. However, either soba or a thick, flat rice noodle would be ideal. I suggest making this recipe for a small group of people (or two disgustingly hungry individuals), because the sauce is pretty thick and it only gets thicker when refrigerated. So the leftovers, while still being very tasty, can make you feel a bit like a dog with peanut butter on the roof of his/her mouth. Just sayin’.

Ingredients:
For spicy almond sauce:


View the Original article

No comments:

Post a Comment