Wednesday 29 December 2010

Curried Sweet Potato and Peanut Soup

Well, it’s Christmas time once again at the Corder residence. Thus far, it has proven to be another merry one, complete with my mother having baked five batches of shortbread, six hundred butter tarts of varying fruit flavours, and eight different kinds of crumble for our three family members. Moreover, my father had once again complained twice on Christmas morning of receiving too many gifts, yet quickly and firmly protested my casual suggestion of returning them all for a full refund before he had the chance to unwrap any of them. It’s Boxing Day as I write this and I had toyed earlier with the idea of leaving the warm comforts of my parents’ home and traveling to a shopping mall to bask in the glory of a veritable consumer hell; a place where the moral universe is turned upside down as the ugly free-for-all leaves the courteous and weak trampled beneath the boots of the stalwart deal shoppers a mere thirty-six hours after the Christmas spirit saw both parties side-by-side at midnight mass wishing each other peace in goodwill. While it seems exactly like the type of spectacle I would love to behold, I’ve decided to stay in and watch movies with my mom. I think I made the right choice.

Happy holidays, friends.

Ingredients:
2 tablespoons canola oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1

View the Original article

No comments:

Post a Comment