Wednesday 29 December 2010

Almond-Banana Hot Cocoa Smoothies

Long name, tasty drink. My vision for this was to make almond and banana flavoured hot chocolate, but it when I puréed it, it was super thick because of the banana, so I added smoothie to its official title. I’m sure it would still be a great tasting drink if you made it with no banana and a couple extra dates. It would certainly be thinner and more similar to the traditional consistency of hot cocoa. I made it with the Camino Panama extra dark 80% bar, it’s really good. For me, 80% is the perfect percentage of cocoa for a dark chocolate. You can use whatever dark chocolate you prefer, but I suggest not going less than 70%.

I originally made this drink for another one of Brooks and I’s infamous cookouts last week. People were stoked on it. Dates are a really great sweetener for drinks, sauces, and dressings, because not only are they full of sugar, they have a really nice taste of their own. ‘Tis the season, folks, so make this warm smoothie for friends/family and watch a classic holiday movie together.

Ingredients:
2 1/4 cups almond milk
35 grams good quality 80% dark chocolate (8 squares of a Camino bar or about 1/4 cup measured out)
1/2 banana, sliced
4 dates, pitted
2 tablespoons

View the Original article

No comments:

Post a Comment